Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thursday will be Thanksgiving and it is a day that we should all take to remember the blessings in our lives and all that we are thankful for. I find it difficult to put into words all that I am thankful for, but I also find it necessary to try.

I am so thankful to be a producer of the food and fiber that fuel this great nation. I am humbled in the presence of other farmers and ranchers. They are such great agriculturalists and I find it hard to measure up. Agriculture is the foundation of this great nation and because of our agricultural roots we are able to pursue industry. I find it no coincidence that we celebrate our thankfulness with a great feast.

I am also thankful to live in the heartland of our nation. In a place where family, morals and friends are the bedrock of our everyday lives. I am thankful to be a citizen of the greatest, most powerful nation on earth. I am thankful that even though I don't agree with everything going on in this great nation, I have the ability to discuss it and the ability to try to change what I don't agree with.

I am thankful for my family. I thank the Lord everyday for my wife and kids. I am truly blessed to have a them and often I don't know what I did to deserve that blessing. I am thankful to my parents for the beginning the gave me, the example my mother gave me and the guidance my father continues to give me.

Most of all, I am thankful to serve such a great God. I do not deserve his Grace and blessings, but he continues to love me and forgive my shortcomings. Without the Grace of God, none of this is possible and for that I am ultimately most thankful.

So as we go through this time to remember and give thanks, take the time to count your blessings. Every citizen of this great nation is blessed and should be thankful for that blessing. Take this day to share the things you are thankful with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment